Dr Anne Hendry, Clinical Lead for Integrated Care, Work Package 7 Leader of the European Joint Action on Frailty (ADVANTAGE), and Senior Associate at International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC) has been invited to serve as guest editor for a Special Issue of the Journal of Integrated Care on ‘’Integrated Palliative and End-of-Life care for People with Advanced Dementia or Frailty”.
This aims to present international evidence and practice on integrated palliative care and support at home, in hospital, long term care, or hospice services for this important and vulnerable group.
Particularly welcome are submissions on the following themes:
- Person centred relational practice in end of life care - at home or in care homes
- Anticipatory care planning / advance care planning
- Ethical and capacity issues
- Realistic medicine and reducing harm associated with inappropriate polypharmacy
- Identifying advanced and end of life stages of frailty and dementia
- Measuring outcomes and quality of life
- Case studies of integrated models
- The role of compassionate citizenship and communities
- Caregiver education, support and experience
- Support for people who have communication and sensory impairments
- Palliative approach to hydration and nutritional support
- Identifying and managing delirium
Please do share the call for papers with your networks and consider contributing to this important special issue by Dec 31st 2019. Guidance and submission guidelines can be seen here.